free website stats program Never say never | Harley Davidson Forums

Never say never

BOWHIKER

I told myself i'll never do that , meaning overfill my gas tank . I ran my tank real low as to get all of last years fuel and sta-bil out so decided today was today to get a fresh tank of gas . It was a cold morning , 35 degrees , but was going to be 70 by the afternoon . I pulled into the amoco and was putting fuel in everything was going fine . Nozzle clicked off and still had a little ways to go to reach the bottom of where the nozzle goes in . I was very so slightly squeezing the nozzle when this dink comes walking by and said , cold this morning but will be nice this afternoon . I looked up for a split second and said yes and looked back down and gas was overflowing out of the tank . I said a few choice words to myself , it was no ones fault but my own . I wiped the tank off with the paprer towels and went off to work . I was so ticked off at myself because i'm so careful when filling up as not to spill any gas and hear i overflowed it . One can never be too careful , at least it didn't burst into flames !

Just be glad it didn't get on your crotch area. Now that stings a little, and itch:34::bigsmiley15:. Man that itches.

You would think after 35 years of marriage, i would not get this distraction. But i just love those legs.

Yes, I find it takes my complete focus - not to overfill! I am going to try and NEVER :newsmile055: look away from my tank when filling. Thanks for the reminder.

I have almost done it before. I try not to look off at anything because i know my luck. I will have it all over the bike and me.

I grew up working at the family gas station. I was about 12 y/o and a guy wearing colors and riding a 70's custom chopper rolls in. Tells me he wants to pump his own gas, I say no I have to pump it. He says "spill any on my bike and I am going to knock you on your fourth point of contact". I got nervous and spilt fuel everywhere; tank, pipes, engine, ......

Back