free website stats program neutral switch | Harley Davidson Forums

neutral switch

dcofer

Have just bought a 1994 electra glide classic, My first Harley, and the neutral switch is broke I'm sure some of it is missing and there is no wires there to even hook to it if it were there. Is there a short pigtail wire that hooks to the wiring harness under the seat that goes to the switch? I see an empty plug with nothing hooked to it under the seat that has I think three wires in it best I remember, and was a blue plug. I am a great mechanic but have never worked on Harley's but do look simple to work on though. Am gonna buy a shop man on it as soon as find one. Thanks, Dallas

Have just bought a 1994 electra glide classic, My first Harley, and the neutral switch is broke I'm sure some of it is missing and there is no wires there to even hook to it if it were there. Is there a short pigtail wire that hooks to the wiring harness under the seat that goes to the switch? I see an empty plug with nothing hooked to it under the seat that has I think three wires in it best I remember, and was a blue plug. I am a great mechanic but have never worked on Harley's but do look simple to work on though. Am gonna buy a shop man on it as soon as find one. Thanks, Dallas

Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good stuff here. Check out the self-help sections.

Check this out. #256 is the neutral switch.

TRANSMISSION HOUSING - 1994 Harley Davidson FLHTC

TQ

After going to get my rear tire put on at a local shop I got the switch fixed. Nothing was missing I was just to dumb about it to know where to look. Th e guy just reached back under the starter and fished the wire out and hooked it up and waa laa the (edit) thing worked. I'm learning just takes time. Thanks for the reply. Cudos to you guys I have learned a lot off here. Am on here reading everyday. Sure is hot in Central Kentucky today but patchy rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back