free website stats program Neutral light and Low fuel. | Harley Davidson Forums

Neutral light and Low fuel.

Tengu

Hi everyone,
Im new to Harley riding and new to the site. I bought a '09 Iron 883 just before xmas with 2000miles on the clock. After riding in some beautiful British rain last week I noticed the neutral light started flickering and then stopped working completely. Everything gear-wise seems to work fine so I was just wondering if this is a common fault?
Also Ive had the low fuel warning lamp come on only a few miles down the road from filling up, is this also a regular thing?
Any help you can offer would be much appreciated, cheers!

Still under warranty? Take it to the dealer. I have '10 1200c. No problems with N light, though I sometimes shift past it. My fuel light comes on with 2 gal left, on a 4.5 gal tank. Manual says it's supposed to come on when there is one gallon left. Good luck, problems seem to be minor in nature.

Check and clean all the connections on the speedo wires and give them a bit of dilectric grease I bet this will clear it up Welcome to The Forum:s

Thanks for the help here, it is still under warranty but I've got a long trek to the dealership so I'll try cleaning out the connections and if that fails I'll gear up for a long ride!! Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum, here were the XL Neutral Indicator Switch is located, could be a loose conection or bad switch or it could be in the light conection causing the neutral light problem, if you have warranty I'd let the dealership fix it on there dime, if not I would start with Jack's advice and go from there, good luck.
XLNutralIndicatorSwitch.jpg

Back