free website stats program Network security key? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Network security key?

This probably does not relate but you said the laptop works when hooked direct which I assume to mean cabled to your modem. If you did not have a router before it may be that you need to change a setting in the modem itself.

Also if you did have a router before and replaced it, it may be that the old one was supplying the user name and password.

My modem died last year after 3-4 years of use and when I replaced it everything worked fine until I connected the router. Then I couldn't get squat. I finally found the option to allow the router to supply the information and everything was fine.

On the other hand, I replaced my router a couple of months ago and used the same network name as before and my laptop would not connect. I did a search for wireless networks and set up a new connection and everything was fine.

Sounds as if the router hasnt been setup for a wireless network. Google, 'How to setup wireless laptop with linksys router(model number).

Back