free website stats program Needs some opinions on PINGING | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Needs some opinions on PINGING

When I had my 2000 FXDS, i built the motor out to 95" and i remember thinking what is that Gismo on the intake manifold???

I found it was a sensor that could tell when the motor was to far advanced and sensed the detonation it was doing,,, so it must of told the Brain to retard the spark...

Wonder IF you are still using that sensor with the SS intake manifold?

I took it out of the loop once and put it right back in because it worked.:newsmile105:

Later I got a programable ignition module but still used that sensor....:s

signed....BUBBIE

Ill check it out and see! Not to worried about it now that I know it can be fixed with a shot of octane booster, but still worth looking at. Thanks

Ill check it out and see! Not to worried about it now that I know it can be fixed with a shot of octane booster, but still worth looking at. Thanks

Skeeter, this is a carbed motor? How long on the build? Have you tried holding a high RPM and misting some water in the carb throat to bust up the carbon on the pistons and valves. This is old school but works to clear out the hot spots that can cause flash over on the pistons causing hot spots enough to p reignite and cause a knock

Back