Need Tour Pak measurements with brackets installed

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ironmark, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I have the dimensions of the tour pak 22W X 16L x 11H what I need is the height measurements of the tour pak with the Quick Disconnect bracket mounted on the bottom of the tour pak, I am also looking into putting on a luggage rack so the height measurements on the premium and the contour luggage racks would be helpful too. The reason I need this info is that I snowbird in the winter and I stay in a 5th wheel and I have limited storage, the height in my storage seems to be the issue because I only have 16 1/2 inches of clearance.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

You need to know the overall height of the tourpak and q.d.rack when it is OFF the bike for storage? Mine is on the bike, but I measured 18 1/2" from the bottom of the rear q.d. notch to the top of the lid, and another 6" to the top of the passenger backrest. Total of 24 1/2".
    The rack does tilt a little forward when it's on a flat surface off the bike, but not a lot. If you need more or different measurements, holler.

3. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

So what you a saying is the Q D bracket will add 7 1/2 inches to the height of the tour pak is that correct. I never took into consideration the top of the backrest pad. By the way I forgot to mention that I need to use the 97-08 mount. Looks like I may have to scrap this idea for a while.

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I just measured 6 1/2" from rear slot of qd rack to bottom of tour pak. The qd rack was the first thing I bought for the bike when I got it, had to have it. I ran around for 2 weeks with the tour pak off, then put it back on. I don't think it's been off since. Looks good without it, just as good with it, and SOOO convenient for all the "just in case" stuff I like to carry.