free website stats program need to know info on Mustang drivers backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

need to know info on Mustang drivers backrest

hdfozz

Hope some can answer this question,I have a 2011 street glide,with the stock seat ( for now )My questions are will the backrest assembly work with the stock seat and has anybody used this backrest on the stock seat,have been told by aftermarket co. that it will only work with their ultra one piece seat.Thanks for any info.

Are you planning on keeping the stock seat and installing a mustang back rest? If so I'm sure you can do that but it might look strange because they use slightly different materials. I have a mustang seat on my bike and love it but I wouldn't recommend mixing mustang backrest w/harley seats. If keeping the stock seat then why not get a harley backrest?

No, different mounting assembly, The HD mounting system has a piece that mounts under the seat to support the backrest, while the Mustang's backrest incorporated within the seat.

My Mustang seat and backrest have separate pieces, the backrest is not part of the seat.
The backrest slides down through a hole in the seat, into the Mustang base, into a mount bolted to the fender.
It can be on or off.

The Harley base also mounted to the fender.

I took a different Harley unit off when I changed out. Never thought of reusing (if it fit) the Harley base because I sold both parts on eBay.

Back