free website stats program Need to Extend brake pedal outward | Harley Davidson Forums

Need to Extend brake pedal outward

09classic

I have tried to research this and failed to find what I am looking for. Have added a Stage 1 and now the breather hits my leg forcing it out a little. Now I am hitting the last inch or so of the brake pedal and need to move it out. Is there a kit to do this or some other way to do it.

I've got softbrake brake pedal and shift levers, happy with both. My feet didn't fit well without them. RT

2001 FLHT

i put 1" extenders on my floor boards and the Kuryakyn extended brake pedal on my SG and the combo works perfect.

I put the 1" extenders on in the spring and I just put the Kuryakyn brake pedal extender on yesterday (2010 Road King classic) and am pleased with the extra room. A bit miffed that I had to spend all this money to make my my bike fit me. Harley needs to re-think their ergonomic design (there are lots of people taller than 5' 6" you know).

Just one thought on the extended floorboards... I had them as well (Kuryakn I believe) but took them off as the new gap between the frame & floorboard allowed just enough leverage that when I'd get up off the seat while riding (bumps, railroad tracks, trying to ID object in road, adjusting, etc) it would pull at the board and wound up working the screw loose at very inopportune times (most memorably while on the on-ramp during the 105th in Milwaukee doing about 75 & still accelerating while trying to merge w/ 80mph+ traffice, back of the board dropped about an inch and a half w/o warning, no idea at first what it was!), even with loc-tite.

May not be an issue for others - I'm not the smallest guy in the world - but something to be aware of.

At the time I had cruise-mark's on the floorboards too for highway pegs (since removed) that may have caused even more leverage to be exerted on the extended bolts that may have contributed, too.

YMMV.

Good luck!

RT

Back