free website stats program need to clear this up, dealer said i had 88b motor?? | Harley Davidson Forums

need to clear this up, dealer said i had 88b motor??

ron1978

is it true, i have a 2005 rk fuel injected,
i have the little small shock lookin things attached to motor to the frame, so whats the motor that i'm running? guy on forum said 88a not a 88b

I alway's wondered why they didn't put the balanced motor on the rubbermount bikes also? You would think it would be ultra smooth!

I agree with Steve here. There's too many extra parts that take some power to drive in the balanced motors. The drive gear for the balancers is pressed on to the shaft and have been known on a few occasions to move throwing out the balancing of the entire system. If you think the older softails without the balancing feature vibrated, you "ain't seen nothing yet" when this happens.:D

Balancer Chains - Harley Davidson Community

More rotating mass more to go wrong and what about robbing power HMMMM:p

Lkie wildbill, I always thought the balanced motor in a Road King would be great. After seeing the pictures and reading about the balancers, I'm glad the Road King doesn't have the balanced motor.

Thanks for the link glider :)

Seems like every "balanced" bike I've ridden has an annoying "buzz" vibration. I'll take the "unbalanced" A-motor on the touring bikes any day; they are much smoother above idle speeds.

Back