free website stats program Need to add miles to my odometer | Harley Davidson Forums

Need to add miles to my odometer

Bluehound

I have a 2006 Road King that was bought new in CO. Now I am trying to register it in CA and they won't register it until it has 7500 miles on it. Current mileage is 3300. The DMV suggested going on a long road trip and bring it back. Certainly, there must be an easier way of adding miles other than letting it idle on a lift for 3 days. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Lift the front end, then get a heavy duty drill with a rubber wheel attachment and spin it.

Why can't the speedometer be attached to an electric drill or is that ILLEGAL.

I have a 2006 Road King that was bought new in CO. Now I am trying to register it in CA and they won't register it until it has 7500 miles on it. Current mileage is 3300. The DMV suggested going on a long road trip and bring it back. Certainly, there must be an easier way of adding miles other than letting it idle on a lift for 3 days. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Why does it have to have 7500 miles on it, just curious?

Thanks

Why won't California let you register the bike until it has 7500 miles.?

I think the speed is taken off the hall effect/reluctor in the gear box so you can't use the drill trick..

Thanks

Move out of California.:bigsmiley11:

I need to know why 7500 miles also. Is it something to do with the Colorado bike not being C.A.R.B. compliant, and the 7500 mile rule exempts it?

Back