free website stats program Need Suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Suggestions

gman2602

Hello to all...I'm not only new to this site but new to the Harley Davidson family. I recently purchased new a 2012 FLHTK and am looking for any advice that you could give me that would help me to beter care for my bike. This is not my first bike but it is my first Harley. I absolutely LOVE this thing!! My first bike was a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600. It was a water cooled bike so I'd like to know the do's and dont's of an air cooled monster. Thanks.:D

Welcome to the forum. Best suggestion I have is to check out the self help section here.

Welcome to The Forum. Read and re read your owners manual. Check your local dealer for Hog work shops. Check out the self help section here and Buy a H D factory manual:s

As Harley does things their way a lot of stuff is different from any other manufacturers bikes and that is perhaps what makes them special
Do not be afraid to ask a question as the only stupid question is the one in your head that you did not ask
On this forum there are many very knowledgeable members who will be very happy to answer any questions however simple or complex they may be

Brian

I'm in the same situation as the OP. For those recommending service manuals, is there any particular source you recommend buying one from?

Welcome and agree with all the above. Get a service manual and check this site and when all else fails ask questions. Theres alot of good people here that can help.

Back