free website stats program Need some Help or Advise | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some Help or Advise

Runningwild

Hello, I just bought a 2002 Ultraglide ClassicTC88 1450, It looks to have a stage 1 don't know if he had it remapped, drove bike home it ran real hot.
Pulled the plugs they looked to be lean.Concerned about the cam chain tensioners I checked them out and had update tthe plate while in there i changed to Andrews TW26A cams Put it all together and fired the bike up ran great however I noticed the pipes glowing shut it down and checked the plugs no black carbon which if I'm on the right track it real lean. Just purchased the SESPT and cables. I notice the maps in the software program say like 1450 A/C and Exshaust and the next 1550 cams,heads,pistons.
Now keep in mind mine is stock except stage 1 and cams. Dont know which one to start with?1450 and tune up or 1550 tune down. Don't know what to do at this point.

Always MY Opinion.....

Remapping from HD is a waste of time in my book...

That fueler is over kill but you have it so..........

You don't need much with the exhaust and that cam change... esp 88"

I'd try the going up since you only have pipes and cams.....

Yes too lean is for ALL the hd's off the show room floor.

The pipes will always turn glow-Red, in the first few inches... IF very too lean they will glow White.. Then MELT along with the engine. THEN you have Trouble.

Try the leaner and see how it runs... Can it tell you the AFR ?(air fuel ratio)

I run a Dobeck Gen4 showing My AFR at all running speeds setting it is a lot different than your High$$ fueler.

Bur yours also can adjust the timing? if needed to retard a little...

signed....BUBBIE

If you go to the Calibration descrip. and find MY02-05 touring. Look for 105HG018 or 127EV100. Compare the AFR's,VE tables,and timing to the 1450 A/C & exh. files. I played with the SEPST with my '06 Ultra, but it was only Stage one. I believe if you increase you VE tables that will increase your Pulse width. In your Setup,at bottom, you can also change you C.I. displacement back to 88c.i..Bubbie and Hopple have a better knowledge on this than I do.
tourbox

Get it on a dyno and get a proper tune. You will d!ck around with it forever and never get the motor to a high state of tune. You have the tuner; get it tuned.

Back