free website stats program Need some advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some advice

hntwrobin

Ghost brackets are the way to go for saddlebags, you can use whatever bag you want and they go on and off real easy. Mini apes are not bad on a Fatboy, pullback risers may work for you don't know that you will get to 3" back though.

check with Glider or any of the other forum Techs for fitment but on a stock softail standard (FXST) they came with similar stock harley handle bars but had 2 inch pull back risers which should give you the comfort your looking for

I'm preping my bike for Sturgis 09. I need to get the seating in the most comfortable postion. This means I need to get these stock handle bars up and back some in order for me to lean back and relax.

I like the stock handle bars and was cnsidering risers that will bring them up about two inches and back about 3. Any suggestions, gotchas experiances ?

BTW 08 fat boy.

I think I will be adding either the Kuryakyn Crusie Arm Mark III or the mustache hwy bars, not the crash bars for foot rests.
I also need some advice on quick release saddle bags. I think I have settled on some back rest mouted T-bags.

There is currently a quick release passenbger back rest on the bike, not sure how this affects the saddle bag choices.

Two inches up is about the limit without replacing cables, the 3 back would put you in the problem area.

Here's some choices for bar choices.

Handle Bar Specs Height/pull back/width (virtual pics) - Harley Davidson Community

Back