free website stats program Need some advice | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some advice

Ok, no O2 sensors and you have no SEST plastic box, along with not having any added enrichment fueler under the seat. So what you most likely have (if anything) is just a factory download canned map that the dealership installed.

I agree with the others. Your in a perfect position for a TFI fueler. You can read about them here. EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft
Wow, am I ever getting an education. Thanks!!!

So... since I have nothing but a "canned" map (I believe you are correct) does the TFI just act as and "Intermediate" device which simply re-maps the existing fuel map such that if I were to remove it later it would return to the downloaded dealer map?

Ok, no O2 sensors and you have no SEST plastic box, along with not having any added enrichment fueler under the seat. So what you most likely have (if anything) is just a factory download canned map that the dealership installed.

I agree with the others. Your in a perfect position for a TFI fueler. You can read about them here. EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft
Since the TFI appears to be an "intermediate" device (which modifies the signals of the current map) then would I need to have the dealer download the original factory map as if the bike were completely stock (no mods)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confused...

Do I need to have the dealer download the "stock" map for the ecm and then once this unit is plugged in I would set each of the pots to give me optimum performance?

I believe the dealer did a "custom" tune when the aircleaner and V&H pipes were installed.

You need to find out what the definition of a custom tune is ????
The TFI can be used in conjunction with a Stage 1 download if that is what the dealer in fact has done...You do not need to reflash back to stock...

would I need to have the dealer download the original factory map as if the bike were completely stock (no mods)?

No absolutely not. The dealership download is not very much enrichment over stock to begin with. You really do need more & could use more.

The TFI does not change any embedded ECM maps. It just takes the current information being sent to the injectors and adds to it. Clean, Simple & it works.

I believe the dealer did a "custom" tune when the aircleaner and V&H pipes were installed.

That is why I asked about the Orange/Black plastic box. When they perform a CUSTOM tune, you must purchase a SE Super Tuner package (a device you now own and only works on your bike).

Expensive item (~$400). Of course it is possible the device (dongle) was purchased and used on your bike to create a Custom map and was never passed on to the next owner. It does them little good to keep it because it marries itself to your ECM. But that never stopped them from keeping the dongle in the past.

Thanks for all the help and information.

I will be asking tomorrow if what I have is a Stage 1 download
performed by the dealer.

Stay tuned...

I didn’t do anything to the pipes on my bike. I like it loud! I think my Heritage had the map download done to it as well and I just added the Gen. 3 without any problem. The difference between the TFI and the Gen 3 is the TFI requires a flat head screw driver to make adjustments and the Gen. 3 is push button and cost $5.00 more.

Back