free website stats program Need some advice on 6 speeds | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some advice on 6 speeds

Since you are the proud owner of one of Milwaukee's finest vintages, I guess you do not want to dump TOO much money into it.

Based on what I've read (with a filter on:) and as Bubbie reports, both RevTech and Ultima 6-speeds are good units. I went for an Ultima unit, and for your softtail they have complete trannys with housing and all for about $50 more than the gear-set only.
I got it for myself for Christmas, so I've not tried it yet. I will listen to the advise of those running high quality oil in them, though...

TQ is right - if you want the best, Baker is the way to go...
OTOH, if your S/O is on your back for having spent too much money on yer scoot, only handing out weekly allowances, Ultima/RevTech are good choices, heh, heh

I just fitted a 6 speed Ultima gearbox to my 1996 softail.It's a great mod. I have also fitted an EV27 cam and SE mufflers. It has made the bike a better package overall when travelling along the highway with my mates on there later model Softails with 6 speeds gearboxes.
The Ultima box was a little tight in the shift at first. After 500 k's it's getting better. The cost= $790 Aus dollars for the box and delivered from the States and $245 for the new belt from here.
That's cheaper than paying $34,000 for a new bike.
Go ahead and do it.
brt650:s

had a new belt and pulleys on my rk police. it was always screaming. lowered rpms at hiway speeds and w/ new cams and chain shoes it does run best when it is screaming. 3000 and it feels great. makes me want to go even faster.

I am thinking of going with a 6 speed in my 03 Electra Glide, hate the MPG now. Need opinions on the different manufactures, likes and dislikes

Back