free website stats program Need replacement radio antenna - '08 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Need replacement radio antenna - '08 Ultra

trvlr

So I'm backing the scoot out of the garage, and the ball-tip on the end of the radio antenna catches on something somewhere on the bottom of the garage door. Snapped it clean off at the base of the mounting flange.

Can anyone advise where you can get a replacement antenna on the cheap for this? Salvage, online parts source, etc. I'm guessing this is not a cheap replacement to get new.

This thing caught once before...not so lucky this time. Anyone ever had this happen and is there a fix for this? I was thinking putting some shrink tubing over the ball-tip and run it about an inch down..can't hurt but not sure if that'd be a permanent fix - much obliged -

Wouldn't you be better off to get an "in the fairing antenna"? I don't have a batwing, but that's what I hear never breaks again.

Thorns

The little 18 inch short antennas are not very expensive. HD dealers here in Canada have them for about $30 so I'd imagine they cost less in Fl. The shorties look good too.

If you were closer I have one that I would give you. I dont see how I could ship it for less than what its worth though.
I put J&M short antennas on mine and love them. Work as well if not better than stock.
Maybe try an add on a local Craigs list and see if someone has one laying around.

Did it damage the mount. My friend stopped over yesterday. His CB antenna broke at the mount. With most of the threads missing. So he has a little bit of a mess. He just shortened the radio antenna down to about 10".

If your mount is not broken. And depending on how yours broke. You could just shorted both anntenas (dremel tool with cut off wheel). They are held in with a alen set screw. No sense in buying a shorter one. Just cut them both the same length.

thanks for the assist. Looks like replacement oem antenna's are not as bad as i thought they may be. I may be the exception here, but actually like the look of the oem cb and radion antenna's - but now I know I have other options as well - appreciate

Back