free website stats program Need reassurance on H-D reliability | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need reassurance on H-D reliability

Jim...I hope to bounce of ya at Sturgis...This will be my 12th year but my first on a Harley...I will be the guy with the permasmile and his head held high to be riding such an outstanding ride...Have a great ride.:newsmile090:

Which one?:D

Excellent point steve....I will blend in very well.

The one with the permasmile and riding a HD >>>>>>> !? :newsmile030: lol

lookie here, I started out with a used Sportster 883 (2001) and wish i had kept it. I now own a 2006 Street Glide, and you could not give me another bike. This one stays for awhile. Breakdowns? Show me a cage driver who says their vehical is perfect, and I'll show ya a garage kept car.

The MOCO has a STRONG product, and people who will back 'em up.

Saddle up, fuel up and enjoy the ride. Your scoot will stay longer and stronger than some cages. You'll also turn more heads than the new camaro.

Treat it right and that Harley will return the favor

Le tme see...reliable ????? WEll my 95 Ultra now has 150,000 miles of trouble free fun on it. Never been into the engine, 1 charging system, 1 coil, replaced the stock module with a SE and still have the old one for backup. Oh yeah, 1 primary chain. Other than that..nothing..I do change the oil every 2500 and primary every other and tranny every 4th change. I use castrol GTX CAR OIL... yep car oil...Riding buddy had a reman engine at 238k miles on Castrol as well. So I'll say your bike should be reilable as long as you service it as you should.

Enjoythe ride

Bubba

On a positive note HD's are more reliable than they have ever been. So after years of riding everything Japanese I finally took the plung and love it. If something should go wrong at least there is a good chance you can get your hands on it. I'm more concerned about a flat than anything else.
Has anyone used the roadside CO2 kits that avoid a wheel removal?
Hit the road and enjoy.........

On a positive note HD's are more reliable than they have ever been. So after years of riding everything Japanese I finally took the plung and love it. If something should go wrong at least there is a good chance you can get your hands on it. I'm more concerned about a flat than anything else.
Has anyone used the roadside CO2 kits that avoid a wheel removal?
Hit the road and enjoy.........

Graeme, my riding buddy just helped a sport bike rider this way. The guy picked up a glass cut in the rear tire tread and Dave used one of the plug kits from Auto Zone and two of the CO2 cartridges. This got the pressure up to about 15 lbs, off the rim anyway, and allowed the guy to get to a station. The distance to the station was about 20 miles, mountainous desert all the way.

Hope this helps.

SilverFoxD, Thats great to know as they are light,small and easy to carry.
If they work well enough to get you out of a tough spot that will do me fine.
Thanks for the information........

If you park in lot's where there is broken glass, use the Amish wheels.
Steel wheels of course "Ha Ha" Seriously, I have never had a flat on a M/C. But I probably just jinxed myself. They do make run flats, but I have never had any experiance with them on a bike.

I have a 08 RG and ride every day even in the winter. I mainly use it as a commuter bike , but my whole ride is 65 miles of freeway. The only issue i ever had was the high idle withe the throttle by wire system and that was maily operator error.
I just turned over to 22,000 miles and the bike is running tops.

I love riding in the mountains where we live,the turns and twist the smells.
But " when you get these FLH's out on the highway they are just so smooth, I never want to stop, sometimes I wish I could just ride"no map" and see where I end up. But then back to reality, I have to work next day.

Back