free website stats program Need opinions on worth of 2003 Road King Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Need opinions on worth of 2003 Road King Classic

jdguay

OK. I swear what I am about to say is the honest to God truth. (Although I don't believe it yet myself)

Today I won, in a raffle, a 2003 Road King Classic 100th Anniversary Edition. It only has 900 miles.

I am embarassed to say I don't have a motorcycle license, and I don't know a thing about Harleys.

I was buying the tickets to give money to a local summer camp for ill children here in upstate NY. (Double H Hole in the Woods Ranch, an incredible place)

After I got the call, I went down to the rally, and I was overwhelmed with the people making offers for the bike.

I don't know if it has any extras. It is very clean and like I said only has 900 miles.

Any suggestions on its worth? I'm not looking to make a killing but don't want to get ripped off either.

Thank you.

You also need to consider that its worth more than book becuase of low miles and its a 100th anniversery editon, which for some is valued collector's item.
Kelly Blue book has it at $10,625 with an
AVERAGE EXPECTED ACCUMULATED MILEAGE of 41k
900 miles I would think you should hold out til someone offers oringinal sale price around 17K
Good luck

1st - congrats to you & maybe this is a sign to get your m/c endorsement...:D

You'll definitely gather rider interest in this bike & I'd say no need to jump at the 1st offer(s). You can go to your local HD shop & have them give you a written valuation, or look @ Bodeen's link & calculate your own conclusion. Yes, it's a 100th annivarsary bike, but might need some TLC due to "sitting" a bit so take svs/maint into consideration w/the price.

IMO - $10K - $12K is a good $$$ window...good luck!

The market was flooded with anniversary bikes. There are an abundance of them and readily available. I wouldn't let the fact that its an anniversary edition escalate my price all that much. Honestly its pretty much just a low mileage 2003 motorcycle.

The market was flooded with anniversary bikes. There are an abundance of them and readily available. I wouldn't let the fact that its an anniversary edition escalate my price all that much. Honestly its pretty much just a low mileage 2003 motorcycle.

My vote, Harley made '03 models for 14 or 15 months. Lots of those out there. My local indy had an 05 in his shop for sale. 1800 or so miles owned by a guy we know that is about 70. don't know why he bought or even sold his bike. he was asking 15500 and sold it for 14000. maybe this will give you some thoughts about how much its worth.

Exactly. And a private seller seldom gets retail $$.

It's already been said, there are thousands of anniversary editions out there. Thye are nothing special and do not fetch anything above normal pricing. I look at Craigslist every day just to keep up with pricing and looking for good deals on other stuff. I saw a loaded 03 anni- Road King today for $9500 . Could probably get it for 8700 cash. It had 17,000 miles on it. I would guess you could get about 11 or 12 for yours with the low mileage. Road King is a good bike and you will definately be able to sell it.

To me , every harley bike is worth a fortune , because high output volume Motorcycle selling and buying is very restricted here in China .

Back