free website stats program Need new tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Need new tires

70chevybb

I would like to replace the tires on my 2005 heritage. I have a place to mount and balance them, but where is the best place to buy from. I have run avon and Dunlop what should I put on?

My suggestion is Cycle Gear they will match any price found on the internet. Plus the Cycle Gear near me charges 20 to mount and balance wheels, which of course you carry in. I have always run Dunlops in matched pairs and always use the Harley specific tires for the load rating is always higher....

Store Locator - Cycle Gear

I had Michelin Commanders put on My 2012 Limited.Original Dunlops lasted 27700 miles.I ride alone most of the time and weigh 160 lbs.
The Michelins are a softer tire and more pliable than the Dunlops.They are supposed get 25000 miles before worn out,according to website.I noticed that if I was in a turn and Dunlop hit a painted stripe on the road it would slide.Does not happen with the Michelins,they just grab!
Sadly I traded the 2012 for a 2014,so I have Dunlops again.
As soon as they are worn I am going back to Michelins.
If You look at new Harley's You will see Michelin on V-rods and Dynas.

Motorcycle Super Store, Rocky Mountain and Dennis Kirk have good tire prices and fast, free shipping. Important to me, is they do a high volume of tire business, and you will likely get reasonably fresh from the maker rubber.

I buy Avon's from a local indy. Great price and a good TYRE.

Motorcycle Super Store, Rocky Mountain and Dennis Kirk have good tire prices and fast, free shipping. Important to me, is they do a high volume of tire business, and you will likely get reasonably fresh from the maker rubber.

Dennis Kirk claims to beat any advertised tyre prices

Keep in mind that the more grip you get out of a tire (softer) the less mileage. Conversely, the harder tire provides less grip and more mileage. A great member once said "your ride, you decide".

Back