free website stats program Need new pipes for 2008 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Need new pipes for 2008 Road King

Jeffro

Well Hello Everyone! I'm very new to this and never posted before.
I'm wanting to put a really good set of pipes on the RK, I want the deep rumble out of them. I'm know hot rod guy but would like to have a little bit of power if i could. I've got a SE stage 1 kit & a vance & hines fuelpak ready to be put on when i get the pipes i want.
I don't know where to put on Rineharts,thunderheader,vance & hines, D/D fatcats (2into 1) with a falsee. I need all the help i can get (lol).

Oh I love the forum you guys stay on top of thingsand thats a good thing.
I came from a Rice Bike so i really don't have nothing put out here. BUT I will

Personal preference, you can't go wrong with Rineharts. Waiting on them to make them for my 09 Ultra. Had them on a 98 Ultra and loved the sound. Not to loud but a nice rumble.

I am very happy with my V&Hs on my 07 Road King.

Well made.
Sound good throughout power curve.
Fishtails too.

Hey Jeff I just installed the V&H Big Shot Duels on my '08 along with the fuel pack and love it. Nice deep rumble and the bike seems to run much stronger.

After ridng a rental 2008 RK 1000 miles in Utah last month, with the heat from that thing, whatever brand of pipes to get the heat away from the seat would be my choice.
I think the "boys" may be cooked forever after those 4 days......like my low Rinehart pipes on my softail..................

Go with the Rineharts. A little more expensive than some other slip on's but well worth the price.

Heat won't be affected by the brand of slip-ons. You will have to get a set of header pipes that don't resemble the stock configuration under the seat. This is where the heat is building up.

See the new 2009 exhaust configuration. The cross-over is under the bike instead of under the seat. Makes sense to me.:small3d022:

Back