Need more room under seat

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by AZDave, Aug 31, 2010.

1. AZDave

AZDave Active Member

Does anyone know how deep you can make the box under the seat of an 09 Heritage? I have the one from Power Comander V that replaces the box in the rear fender under the seat where the ECM sits but I need more room for stuff. Can you buy one or does anyone know how much space between the factory box and if the shocks are fully bottomed out? I was thinting of making one or having one made if I cannot find one.

2. BlackG30

BlackG30 Member

Hey, if anybody can find how to improve the space below the seat, please post here. It seems almost impossible
    [​IMG]

3. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

You guys are right there is not much space under the seat for accessories. I spoke with Keith at FuelMoto today about the possibility of purchasing the Auto Tune Model and when I asked where he would suggest installing it his reply was there is plenty of room between the rear wheel splash guard and battery area.

I would be careful of the exact location before installing anything there and would check with the suspension under compression but there does seem to be quite a bit of usable space.

4. Billua

Billua Active Member

Been there, done that, got the smashed wires and box to prove it. There is no room for more than a TFI like for the softail as I see it.

5. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

As they say, looks can be deceiving. Glad to hear from someone who has "been there, done that" before I found out the hard way. Not glad to hear of your misfortune and thanks for the heads up Billua.