free website stats program need more muscle | Harley Davidson Forums

need more muscle

tommys

I have 05 road king that has a stage 1 kit [screaming eagle mufflers, air breather, and has been remaped] all was done by previous owner at the dealer where bike was bought. But when riding two up it dosen't seem to have enough low end torque I'm constanly down shifting from 5th to 4th at 45 to 60 just to pull hills or pull through the curves with out lugging the motor when others are just accelrating with out dropping gears. I was what to do to get more torque and power not concerned with the speed she runs plenty fast just takes a while to wind her up

thanks

Definately a low end cam for more torque. Headwork if $$ is not an issue. My bike runs way better now with the PCV with autotune than it did w/ the download. It all depends on your budget.

I had a 06 rdking that was the same way with no mods. I put a power commander lll and played with the maps and WOW! a whole different machine!

had 255 se cams installed with a se 103 kit tq improved from 84 to 104 ft/lbs lots of pull me and the old lady tip the scales at 400+

I have 05 road king that has a stage 1 kit [screaming eagle mufflers, air breather, and has been remaped] all was done by previous owner at the dealer where bike was bought. But when riding two up it dosen't seem to have enough low end torque I'm constanly down shifting from 5th to 4th at 45 to 60 just to pull hills or pull through the curves with out lugging the motor when others are just accelrating with out dropping gears. I was what to do to get more torque and power not concerned with the speed she runs plenty fast just takes a while to wind her up

thanks

So if your not worried about speed, you could re-gear for about 100 bones (64 for the gear and 36 for the gasket) and have the better bottom end power your looking for. An added bonus would be quicker launches when Momma wasn't onboard.....
Just a thought.

Bag

You didn't mention that the bike had any kind of fuel management device installed. If that is indeed the case, you can probably pick up an easy 8-10 hp by doing so. There is no shortage of threads on this forum advocating them. Everyone seems to have his or her favorite brand. Some seem to be gross overkill to me, but in the end they all strive to do the same thing; delivering more horspower by changing the air/fuel ratio. A side benefit is that you should have a cooler running engine at the lower speeds.
Now, all you have to do is wade through all the advertisements, hype from the manufacturers and comments from forum posters. Good luck with whatever you do.

Hay,
You may want to take it to someone and have it but back on the dyno and have it checked. Have them try a 4th gear roll on and a neg horsepower test. Sounds like to me the ecm has not been re programed correctly. But be aware you must do your homework 1st on the business that has the dyno. how much experience they have, the training they have and they type of dyno they have. Demand to see the test graphs 1st and have them explain the results to you. Its not cheap for the dyno test's. It can start from $ 60-80 for the tests, not including the re-programing of the ecm.
Brian

Back