Need Info About Michelin Tires

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by mvd00024, Feb 28, 2012.

1. mvd00024

mvd00024 Member

Does anyone have any info on or about Michelin tires????? Good,Bad or Ugly.. They ask me $220.00 for a rear tire this last week-end plus install.... Thanks,,:newsmile047:
  2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

They are a French tyre manufacturer they make very good car tyres with good grip in most conditions long tread life and a high price however i do like them on my car and have them fitted currently
    some of their bike tyres are pretty good however i prefer avon tyres on my bikes although i have ran Michelin bike tyres without concern in the past and may use them again in the future
    My preference in a motorcycle tyre is for good grip in the wet and as such my preference is for a tyre that will give me the performance that i need

4. Dynajoe

Dynajoe Member

I am on my second set of Michelin tires. The first set wore out at 10,000 miles (16000KM's) - The second set was installed at a cut rate at the dealership that I bought the bike from. I was angry that the tires wore out so quick, so the dealership cut the cost by half.
    So far so good. I am careful with the tire pressure, as I believe the original tires were over inflated. These tires are kept at 30lbs psi. the others were kept at over 40psi!! by dealerships recomendation. I am going to a different dealership now.
    The tires perform very well. I feel they compliment the Dyna perfectly. I ride in lots of wet, rainy weather quite often, and I trust these tires. There is a Railway crossing in the middle of a long curve with rubber matting covering the crossing ties. Very slippery when wet, a true road demon. No bike can go throught this without some kind of drama in the rain. I am able to ride through this with confidence (and careful riding cause I know it's there).
    If the Michelins are a deal, go for it, but I find them just a softer form of Dunlop tires. I feel Dulops are just as good.