free website stats program need help!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

need help!!!

Check the brake switch in the hand controls. Might just be stuck fooling the sensor thinking your pressing the brake. Hope thats all it is.

Have you changed out the switch covers on bars???? if so possibly broken pin on front brake switch. If not then check connector at rear master cylinder to make sure attached properly.
This may help. Click on link: Rear Brake Light Switch - Harley Davidson Community

Cruise will not engage with brake light staying on..

thanks this just started today was wondering if maybe cause by moisture got rained on pretty hard yesterday

Funny part of difficult problems is that its a simple solution to fix. You just have to kill yourself to find it. LOL :panic

How about the famous rear brake switch. Mine just went and brake lights will not work, but I've hear they can also get stuck so the brake light is always on.

Good luck.

What year FLHX....I'm betting it's the rear switch too, but heavy water could also be a culprit. Any recent handlebar mods on the bike?

bike is 2010 street glide screaming eagle 103, no mod on bars i bought it used and guy that owned it had some workdone but mostly just chrome covers no real modifications

bike is 2010 street glide screaming eagle 103, no mod on bars i bought it used and guy that owned it had some workdone but mostly just chrome covers no real modifications

If he had chrome switch covers put on the handlebar switches, the problem is most likely with the hand brake on the bars, as someone mentioned earlier.

Back