free website stats program Need Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help

rw1050

First off just came back from a weekend away on the bike and had an awesome time 1200 miles no problem.. Jumped on the bike last night (2002 FLHTCI) rode for about 15 mins, came to a stop light and the bike started to skip or at least thats what it felt like. The engine light came on (First time for that) and I revved it up get through the light (engine light went out). I pulled over revved some more and limped it home (TG it would of (EDIT) pushing it).. I have a dolbeck TFI and read in the posts to disconnect it to see if the problem persist, It does... Checked the plugs they look fine neither were wet or burnt. Checked the codes and there is none, all 12 are CLR..
I am thinking plug wires or coil and possibly crank sensor.. Any help would be great!!!!!

Language or a work around are not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Well I did the Pump replacement and I did find a small leak.. drove it for 10 minutes and started again. No fix yet. But I left it idling for a few minutes and it started to stall caught itself and reved back up and then did it again and finally died. I can restart asap.. Any thoughts... Glider?

I know it is really simple (but I like to start there), but a similar occurrence happened with me on the Dyna a few months back. It ended up being a loose battery cable connection.

I know it is really simple (but I like to start there), but a similar occurrence happened with me on the Dyna a few months back. It ended up being a loose battery cable connection.

Ditto to JP's post. My sporster had the exact symptoms and drove me crazy until I decided to check the battery connections, sho nuff loose as a goose, tightened her up , no more problem.

Thanks I will Check.. This is one of those things that drive you crazy because you know it is simple but it is not easy to find..

I have had the battery cables come loose several times on my Heritage. Spits, sputters, coughs and back fires than takes off like a screaming idiot. However, when all this is going on I can see mt dash board going crazy as well. Now I have lock star nuts (lack of an official name) on both cables and not a problem one.

Good luck

So comes to find out it was the Front Injector that was the problem.. Oh well another lesson learned

Glad you got the problem sorted. Did the injector have a hard failure, or was it fouled with carbon in the nozzle/plunger area, make sure they give you back the old part(s), most states require this.

Back