free website stats program Need help | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help

Josh1985

I need some help finding out exactly what kinda of harley I have, this is my first bike. I traded a truck for it and know it is a 1977 harley hardtail, but dont know exact model. The guy I got it from claims it is a 1000 sportster but cant find any info on a 1977 sportster 1000? I have a few pics if somebody would take a look at em and maybe give me an idea of what model it may be

welcome from south bend in. & post pics someone will know evin i may be able to help. title will have some basic info..

I need some help finding out exactly what kinda of harley I have, this is my first bike. I traded a truck for it and know it is a 1977 harley hardtail, but dont know exact model. The guy I got it from claims it is a 1000 sportster but cant find any info on a 1977 sportster 1000? I have a few pics if somebody would take a look at em and maybe give me an idea of what model it may be

Can you find the VIN number from the title, insurance card or off the frame tag?

HD Vin Decoder - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Pretty well got to be an xlch, very nice old bike. Like T said above you can read the VIN for more info. If it happens to be blacked out with a cafe style tank you would have a real nice find, harleys early version of the nightster. xlcr or xlchr something like that
Post some pics

Serial number should be on the title. There are several web sites that will help ID the model. Or you can go to a dealer and they should be able to tell you what it is.

You will need the vin, in 77 The MOCO made xlt,xlcr,xlh,xlch all 1000cc good luck and welcome

Back