free website stats program need help? | Harley Davidson Forums

need help?

gap81857

I want to install some passing lamps on my 08 street glide are the plugs to connect them under faring if not how do I do this. P.S. Dealer said I can used the Acc. switch to turn them off and on. Thank!

Never bought passing lamps but I know most of the accessory bought from dealership come with instructions. sometimes their not very good but, with the help of this forum you can get it done. If you haven't already, I would recommend buying a service manual for your bike, they can help with questions like this. I suspect your passing lamps will wire directly into your headlight enabling them to function only when your dim light is on so, if you want full time lights I would run off the accessory plug under your seat. either way the service manual can help.

I bought the light kit that bolts to the crash gaurd for 150.00. I believe thats what they cost.Anyway it's a pretty easy install. I did however change the location of the push button switch. Harley gives you a little metal bracket that attaches to the switch housing, I drilled a hole in one of the switch blanks next to the ignition switch and installed it there.

Back