free website stats program Need help with SATellite | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help with SATellite

virginiagirl

Account Removed
I am looking to install a XM or similar satellite radio. Thing is I don't want one that I have to disassemble every time i walk away. Is there something else I could do that I don't know about..
Help is what I need! Please! Thanks!

I am looking to install a XM or similar satellite radio. Thing is I don't want one that I have to disassemble every time i walk away. Is there something else I could do that I don't know about..
Viginiagirl, Take a look at the Pionneer GEX-XMP3, it's kinda pricy at $229 + $70 for the car docking kit. The really cool thing about it is it has a built in antena and power source so all ya gott do is plug it into your HD Head unit, it's ment to be a "Personal XM Radio" but comes with a home docking station. It also has a SD Card slot so ya can play your own downloaded tunes. Not sure about how the antenna on the radio works on a fast moving vehical, I've heard it's weak and fades in/out a lot but it is something to consider.

I installed the H-D XM unit on mine. It's kind of pricey, but it's integrated into the factory unit, and the antenna is hidden in the fairing. It works really well, and you don't have to remove it every time you park.

I do have to change stations when I stop but I usually have it on the same station all the time anyway.
I can also remove the radio and use it in the car or home.

Has anyone noticed that the person that started this thread had thier account removed?
A couple of days ago?

Back