free website stats program Need Help with LED lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help with LED lights

dlfidler

Good afternoon fellow riders. Looking at Custom Dynamics white LED front fender light to install on my Ultra. Does anyone know anything about this product or company. Also would like to upgrade tail light & signal lights to LED & use signals as additional brake lights. Looked at BadA-- Lights, looking for advice, pros & cons. What is the best way to go.:newsmile078:

I like Custom Dynamics Leds myself, think they are some of the brightest and best LED's around, I sell them at my shop to locals and never a complaint, everybody loves them, much better then HD pod lights. They have a lot of info on their web site, just takes time to see it all, the remotes are very cool also for engine lights. The BadA lights are very good, but have a wheel barrow of money when you go to buy, only sold through HD Dealers. They do make top of the line tail lights and if they keep you from being rear ended one time there worth every penny.

Hey Thanks Chopper for the come back, gonna do the Custom Dynamics. Thanks again dude can I buy from your shop on line

Hey Thanks Chopper for the come back, gonna do the Custom Dynamics. Thanks again dude can I buy from your shop on line

Hey thanks dlfidler but I don't have any on-line sales set up at this time for them and don't stock everything so it would probably be easier for you to just order direct from them. If you have any questions or I can help in any way, be more than happy to just let me know.

As Chop said, Custom Dynamics carries a lot of fine products...

Motorcycle Lights For Harley Davison, Metrics, Sport Bikes

The BA Lighting products are nice, but are very expensive. I have used Kurykyn Silver Bullet Halogen Projector lights out of convenience (they were carried at the local dealer), but Custom Dynamics sells them too (theyare tiny & unobstrusive) but extremely bright.

2321-harley_300.jpg

I installed the Harley Davidson LED tun signals front and rear on my 07 Ultra. It was pretty simple, actually. The front ones were a bit more challenging because I couldn't get the pin for the road lights removed from the plug and ended up cutting the plug to get it out. No big deal as the kit comes with new pins pre-crimped to the wires and new connectors as well. and the pins just snap in. The rear LED turn signals are run/brake/turn which requires a few extra connections in the tail light housing but that kit includes all the necessary plugs as well and the pins are pre-crimped. Instructions are pretty easy to understand. A typical weekend wrench could handle it easily. Oh, and they look pretty sweet when finished and are much brighter than the original.

The BAL tail light is pretty awesome too but I was reading that the BAL-1 doesn't have that many LEDs and they are pretty proud of it when it comes to buying one (almost $200). The one with more LEDs is ridiculously expensive. The genuine HD LED tail light has more LEDs and matches the style of the LED turns for $139. Different strokes, I guess, but I kinda like to keep mine OEM so I don't experience troubleshooting issues down the road. They don't call them ELECTRA-glides for no reason. I never heard of where changing turn signals from incandescent to LED without using a load matcher could cause a trouble light...until here. (the HD LED turn signals don't need them but Kuryakyn Pancea lights do.) Bikes are pretty sensitive now a days, and a good mechanic is expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will add my vote with Chopper. I Have gotten a couple of things from them been very happy with them. There is a problem I have with LED's in general, the wiring is so small it can be difficult to get things set up to strip off the insulation without tearing the wires. Just go slow and be careful.

Back