free website stats program Need help with an Ultra Classic Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help with an Ultra Classic Radio

Sorry if this was posted before and I missed it.

I've got an '01 Ultra classic and have a problem with the front speakers. The morning after I got back from the Lima flat track race my front speakers were dead when I started the bike. Tghe rear work fine and I can tell a difference in the rear when I adjust the fader button.

Does anyone know if there's a fuse inside the radio,before I try taking it out, or have any ideas?

Sorry if this was posted before and I missed it.

I've got an '01 Ultra classic and have a problem with the front speakers. The morning after I got back from the Lima flat track race my front speakers were dead when I started the bike. Tghe rear work fine and I can tell a difference in the rear when I adjust the fader button.

Does anyone know if there's a fuse inside the radio,before I try taking it out, or have any ideas?

No, but I would take the front fairing off and make sure that the wires are plugged into the speakers, and that the wires have not broken off the connectors. If all that checks out, the best and fastest way to solve your radio problems are to pull it and send the unit to Radio Sound along with a check for $200. You will get back a completely recondition radio.

RadioSound - Customer Service

As for the speakers, I changed out the cheap single cone HD ones for some Pioneer 2-ways from Walmart. Big difference. I am sure you can get these somewhere besides Walmart, but see here:

Walmart.com: Pioneer 5.25" 2-way Speakers, TS-G1342R: Auto Electronics

TQ

No, but I would take the front fairing off and make sure that the wires are plugged into the speakers, and that the wires have not broken off the connectors. If all that checks out, the best and fastest way to solve your radio problems are to pull it and send the unit to Radio Sound along with a check for $200. You will get back a completely recondition radio.

As for the speakers, I changed out the cheap single cone HD ones for some Pioneer 2-ways from Walmart. Big difference. I am sure you can get these somewhere besides Walmart, but see here:

TQ

I already changed out the stock speakers to J&M's a while back.

I am trying to avoid sending the radio in, if I'm gonna have to do that, I'll just buy an aftermarket setup instead. Get a Sony marine cd deck or something similar.

RadioSound - Customer Service

Walmart.com: Pioneer 5.25" 2-way Speakers, TS-G1342R: Auto Electronics

TQ

TQ,

How do those speakers handle the elements? (most specifically, washing/water).

Do they seem to be ok or are they just in-expensive enough that you don't care?

TQ,

How do those speakers handle the elements? (most specifically, washing/water).

Do they seem to be ok or are they just in-expensive enough that you don't care?

They are inexpensive, but you will be shocked at how good they sound. I don't worry about the weather, but I do cover the dash and the rear speakers when I wash the bike, since I use lots of water from the garden hose. I don't think any electronics should be subjected to that much direct water spray.

TQ

Thanks for the advice.

When I wash the inner, I use the "shower" setting. I don't wash anything other than my car with the full 'jet' setting. And I don't wash the inner...just a quick wetdown on the shower setting and then wipe it down and clean it up with a good soft towel.

Altho I do take for granted that the inner fairing must be pretty waterproof.

Back