free website stats program need help wiring spotlights | Harley Davidson Forums

need help wiring spotlights

gravelman

hi guys gravelman here from huntsvill ontario canada pleashure meeting u all anyways i have 2006 dyna and want to wire spotlights in and could use some help here they are 30 wat spots should i use seperate switch or can i run direct and should i use a relay and if ican run straight off power to head light will sysym handle lights all on at same time any help greatly apreachated iam kinda of kluts at wiring kk guys thanks for listening by the this a great site really enjoy it here

hi guys gravelman here from huntsvill ontario canada pleashure meeting u all anyways i have 2006 dyna and want to wire spotlights in and could use some help here they are 30 wat spots should i use seperate switch or can i run direct and should i use a relay and if ican run straight off power to head light will sysym handle lights all on at same time any help greatly apreachated iam kinda of kluts at wiring kk guys thanks for listening by the this a great site really enjoy it here

Glad your here, gravelman this is a great site.

Normally a 30 watt spot with or without a switch wired directly from headlight is not a problem, but at some point you may decide your main lights are to weak, escpecially during moose/dear season (ouch). If you decide to upgrade your main light say to 80 or 90 watts that extra draw could be a problem. If this were my bike I would run a seperate line , fused and switched for the spot light, that way you have extra capacity for your main light.

I wouldn't run them off the headlight circuit on that bike because of the smaller gauge wire used.. If you run the proper size wiring and switch , there's no need for a relay. If you choose to run smaller diameter control wires then you need a relay for the lights.

hey glider and danger dan thanks 4 ur help i ended up running a 10 gauge wire from battery with a 25 amp weatherpak fuse holderto a switch anu suggestions on brand of handlebar swithch and r the lights thmselves enough ground ?kk guys thanks again take care

Back