free website stats program Need help w/ items for road king | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help w/ items for road king

if you can look at one that has one it is as a picture is worth a 1000 words but yes the instructions are confusing but agreed take your time

Just bought some items for my 2007 Road King. 53803-06 (docking hardware), 52924-98a (backrest) and 52933-97b (backrest kit). I just opened up the boxes and looked at the instructions. They don't make sense! Is this just me? Does anyone have simpler or different instuctions to help add these items? I've done projects and work with tools. I bought these items from the dealer and want to install them myself to save some money. Thanks for having such a great site!!!!!

If you don't get er figured out by tommorow pm me and I'll try to send you some pictures of what the finished product looks like,if you think it'll help.

Just to let everyone know............There's no sweeter sound then those two spring clips on the sissy bar snapping into place on the docking points!!!!!!:newsmile01:

Just like everyone on the site told me.......Took my time with some liquid breaks :cheersand it did go together.

Big thanks to everyone with their suggetions!!!!

Next is to replace stock grips with the Avon air grips!!!!

You might not have the the Right Kit for your bike. I bought a back rest kit for a 2006 RC. and found that harley had put the wrong parts in the bag. Finally I looked at a bike with a kit on it and the parts were different.

the nicest thing i've found w/ factory parts is that the count is right and everything fits exactly where they say it does. instructions aren't the best like blueprints in the field but it always fits and works. can't say this about all after market items. so work some don't. that's what the parts/project box is for.

Back