free website stats program Need help w/ items for road king | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help w/ items for road king

RBSmith1

Just bought some items for my 2007 Road King. 53803-06 (docking hardware), 52924-98a (backrest) and 52933-97b (backrest kit). I just opened up the boxes and looked at the instructions. They don't make sense! Is this just me? Does anyone have simpler or different instuctions to help add these items? I've done projects and work with tools. I bought these items from the dealer and want to install them myself to save some money. Thanks for having such a great site!!!!!

take your time and follow the directions, you will be removing old and re-installing new with docking points.

I too was somewhat amazed at how something so simple could be made so complicated and with so many different pieces when I added the detachable tour-pack kit to my Glide.

Take your time (lots of patience as well) and follow the instructions step by step and it should work.

If you can, it helps to have a look at a bike that already has the kit installed so you can see how it all fits together.

Just bought some items for my 2007 Road King. 53803-06 (docking hardware), 52924-98a (backrest) and 52933-97b (backrest kit). I just opened up the boxes and looked at the instructions. They don't make sense! Is this just me? Does anyone have simpler or different instuctions to help add these items? I've done projects and work with tools. I bought these items from the dealer and want to install them myself to save some money. Thanks for having such a great site!!!!!

I would second On take your Time.... You can do it... Find a picture to look at and see it installed. I'd send my pict. but no ability to do so.

I bot a new 09 when the 2010 models first came out... The 4 point docking was installed by the hd shop.. so I'm not any help here....

I just wanted to state How Nice and Easy It Is to change out the sissy bar and the luggage rack by this 4 point system Once you have it on the bike...

My wife enjoys the ride Much Better with the big back-rest sissy! and the luggage rack is also so easy on and off... I can really put on the weight of a Full T-Bag when we go for a travel...

signed....BUBBIE

I've had my docking kit on for less than a year, so I remember how poor the instructions are for the docking kit. I used mine as reference only, and loosely put everything together. It took a little while, but in the end it all fits together well.

I did all that on my '09 with the addition of a rack. It is not really to hard once you get started. Helps to set out all the parts in sequence and take your time. I did it and my ex-wife always said I am an idiot!

I too have had some difficulty with some of HD's accessories instructions. As a suggestion, unpack all the pieces, lay them out. Read the install directions, read them again looking over the parts. In my case, the light bulb finally came on! :wall

The part I love best about many of those accessory instructions . . . "see service manual for your model, available from your dealer." Available "AT" my dealer would be nice, but no, it's "Through" my dealer, and I'm still waitin'.

Hey RBSmith,
What dealer in our area did you go to?

Back