free website stats program Need help!!!!! Plz | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help!!!!! Plz

DG1200

I have a 2013 1200 sporty 48 and i need some help bc some idiot free revved my sporty at a high rpm for about 5 seconds, long story short his face met my fist but i baby my sporty and it didnt hit the rev limiter but i just want to know since my sporty being revved high is a rare occurrence could it be hurt? Thanks

Unless something was wrong with the motor before; no damage done. When motors are being dyno tuned, they see WOT for longer than 5 seconds multiple times.

First of all have you noticed any ill effects since this happened? If not and as you have said you baby it and this was a one time occurrence I'd be inclined to say no damage done.

Harley engines are pretty bulletproof and can withstand high rpm's ( within reason of course) and I'd think if you were going to have an issue you'd know it by now. JMHO.

First of all have you noticed any ill effects since this happened? If not and as you have said you baby it and this was a one time occurrence I'd be inclined to say no damage done.

Harley engines are pretty bulletproof and can withstand high rpm's ( within reason of course) and I'd think if you were going to have an issue you'd know it by now. JMHO.
Thanks for helping me out bud, its my first harley and it's my baby. Thanks for helping me out

Probably no problems as it does have a rev-limiter... BUT doing a quick FREE high rev COLD is not in my Vocabulary...

signed....BUBBIE

On a cold engine NOT a good idea, If you are concerned run a compression test, change the oil and listen for noises

It's actually better for your baby to work it through the RPM range and all its gears. At least when properly brought up to temp.

As a new HD owner, always good to be concerned. Bike should be fine & hope your idiot throttle jockey's face is Ok. Best to keep peeps off the bike...think of what could've happened if they slammed it into gear too...

Back