Need help on selecting pipes for sportster >

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Kirwajo, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Kirwajo

Kirwajo Member

Hi All I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 06 sportster 883
    But don't know where to start plus I live in Ireland and stuff here costs an arm and a leg so any advice and help would be great

2. MAD BRAD

MAD BRAD Member

Re: Need help on selecting pipes for sportster

i like rhinharts new one shortsters??? go to u-tube and listen thats what i do first let me know what you think i have a 2into one on the rk i like it bd

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I have straight dual pipes w/ 12" baffles by Drag Specialties, also recenly installed the new for 2010 passenger peg extensions...both easy to install. Sounds and work great...! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

i'm running 1 3/4 drag pipes with torque cones installed, love them, and sounds sweet!!!
    get the same pairs off of ebay for around &50.00 to 75.00 shipped

5. chester1957

chester1957 Member

Installed a set of Cycleshack slip-on's for a guy and he was very happy with looks, exhaust sound and most of all price. They can be bought from many vendors.

6. Kirwajo

Kirwajo Member

Wow listened to a few on youtube and I would say there is some sound off those Cycleshacks can you tell me where I could get these also how did you fit them were they easy ??? if there was a web address that I could buy these and get them shipped to Ireland :cheers

7. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Yes, I've got the Cycleshacks. They are great! They are the same as the old Screaming Eagles before Moco got sound sensitive.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Cycle shack is a good choice good sound and great price