free website stats program Need help indentifying a wire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help indentifying a wire

I personally use the Battery Tender Jr. from Deltran. You can find them on sale online for about $20 plus S&H.

Very good unit, and will plug right in to the SAE plug you have mounted on your battery.

Battery Tender Junior 12V @ 0.75A - Motorcycle - Batterytender.com

TQ
I remember a few years ago you advising to plug the bike into the battery tender after you're done riding. I have been doing that ever since you offered that tip. It sure doesn't do any harm and when I plug it in I notice the red light is on the tender after I just got done riding indicating a slight discharge. After a short time on the tender it turns green again. Besides, if I want to listen to tunes from my bike in the garage, keeping it plugged in to the BT doesn't discharge the battery! :)

I would appreciate any addtional advice you could provide on an appropriate battery tender. I have never owned one and I suspect there are several on the market. Can I assume the appropriate make and model just plugs in to my SAE connection and it is all automatic? Charliebrown

Battery Tender brand is the most popular. I have 2 chargers, a Battery Minder +, which has a "desulfater pulse" built in. I can't attest to the success of the "desulfator pulse", but it makes me feel good seeing the light flash. :) I also have a Yuasa, which I do not recommend. It doesn't seem to have a maintain cycle, and will boil a wet cell battery dry (you have a sealed batt.). Almost all tenders have the SAE connector (look at a pic before buying) and an extention with alligator clips for other batteries. Yes, they just plug in and do their job.
Ebay is an easy place to compare 12v charger features and prices, then buy local or on-line.

Battery Tender brand is the most popular. I have 2 chargers, a Battery Minder +, which has a "desulfater pulse" built in. I can't attest to the success of the "desulfator pulse", but it makes me feel good seeing the light flash. :) I also have a Yuasa, which I do not recommend. It doesn't seem to have a maintain cycle, and will boil a wet cell battery dry (you have a sealed batt.). Almost all tenders have the SAE connector (look at a pic before buying) and an extention with alligator clips for other batteries. Yes, they just plug in and do their job.
Ebay is an easy place to compare 12v charger features and prices, then buy local or on-line.
Breeze, I laughed out loud when I read the light flashing on the "desulfator pulse" made you feel good to see it flash. Very reassuring knowing that the desolator pulse light is in good working order! :D

Breeze, I laughed out loud when I read the light flashing on the "desulfator pulse" made you feel good to see it flash. Very reassuring knowing that the desolator pulse light is in good working order! :D

The "desolator" and the "de-sulfator pulse" work differently to keep the sulfate from forming on the plates.

Back