free website stats program Need help indentifying a wire | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help indentifying a wire

What is the black electrical wire that is located above the tranny and under the seat of my 2009 Road Glide? The previous owner does not know. The connect does not fit my Gerbing's electric vest. I would appreciate any help.

Gerbing's electric vest and battery tender plug look the same.

Not really, There are several kind of connectors available for heated gear. My battery tender plug is an SAE plug. Gerbing uses quiconnect plugs.

Here is one from Gerbing, it's a quiconnect plug
access_8.jpg

SAE on top and Quiconnect plug on the bottom
112_1ha.jpg

Here is one from Aerostich, is an SAE
188li.jpg

Here is a BMW plug
4201_1a.jpg

Last edited:
Not really, There are several kind of connectors available for heated gear. My battery tender plug is an SAE plug. Gerbing uses quiconnect plugs.

Here is one from Gerbing, it's a quiconnect plug
access_8.jpg

SAE on top and Quiconnect plug on the bottom
112_1ha.jpg

Here is one from Aerostich, is an SAE
188li.jpg

Here is a BMW plug
4201_1a.jpg
Thanks Mongo. I have the SAE plug coming off of my battery to connect to my battery tender. And you're right. They aren't the same. I never knew that type of connector was called an "SAE" connector.
I heard, but I'm not sure that there is a connector from Gerbings that will plug into the SAE connector but it isn't as good as the one that comes standard with there clothing. Again, I'm not sure.

Hi guys and thank you all for your replies. Mr. Mongo1958, a special thanks to you since you have correctly identified my mysterious black wire. It is in fact an SAE. I would appreciate any addtional advice you could provide on an appropriate battery tender. I have never owned one and I suspect there are several on the market. Can I assume the appropriate make and model just plugs in to my SAE connection and it is all automatic? Charliebrown

Hi guys and thank you all for your replies. Mr. Mongo1958, a special thanks to you since you have correctly identified my mysterious black wire. It is in fact an SAE. I would appreciate any addtional advice you could provide on an appropriate battery tender. I have never owned one and I suspect there are several on the market. Can I assume the appropriate make and model just plugs in to my SAE connection and it is all automatic? Charliebrown

I personally use the Battery Tender Jr. from Deltran. You can find them on sale online for about $20 plus S&H.

Very good unit, and will plug right in to the SAE plug you have mounted on your battery.

Battery Tender Junior 12V @ 0.75A - Motorcycle - Batterytender.com

TQ

Back