free website stats program need help front brake leaver wont move 2010 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

need help front brake leaver wont move 2010 ultra

groeller

I have a 2010 ultra the front brake leaver got hard to pull now it wont move at all even with both hands on it wont move any Idea what the problem is I had new brakes pads put on about 3000 miles ago?

HD10FLHR029.gif
See #3, loosen it and squeeze the lever does fluid come out? Protect chrome and painted surfaces doing this. If fluid does not come out your master cylinder is bad

If you do have ABS, the problem is likely with the ABS unit under the right side cover. I've read several problems like this. Dealer required. :(

Yes I have abs on the bike. It started to be hard to pull last week but it never blinked now you cant pull it at all and I wont drive it . but I started it up today and the light blinks.

I'm having a similar issue with 09 flhp. ABS light came on and stayed on a few weeks ago, with no issue other than ABS would not function so long as the light was lit. Light went from erratically lit to now always lit. Few weeks later, front brake lever now hard to pull, usually frees up after a few good squeezes but remains slow and feels like pushing thicker fluid.

Thinking maybe water in the fluid or just old and contaminated, 70k miles on the bike. Gonna bleed it out and run all fresh DOT 4 this week, don't know if ABS light will go back to normal or stay on. Throws no codes. Rear brake is fine.

I'm having a similar issue with 09 flhp. ABS light came on and stayed on a few weeks ago, with no issue other than ABS would not function so long as the light was lit. Light went from erratically lit to now always lit. Few weeks later, front brake lever now hard to pull, usually frees up after a few good squeezes but remains slow and feels like pushing thicker fluid.

Thinking maybe water in the fluid or just old and contaminated, 70k miles on the bike. Gonna bleed it out and run all fresh DOT 4 this week, don't know if ABS light will go back to normal or stay on. Throws no codes. Rear brake is fine.

Have you looked at the service manual for the procedure to bleed ABS brakes???

First thing to do is check for codes, is the ABS light on also?

I'm not big on ABS on a Harley .. I have a 2010 Ultra without ABS.. I've road both with and without ... They are always prone to have problems.. The dealers love that $$$ though :newsmile07:

Back