free website stats program Need help from a Street Glide owner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help from a Street Glide owner

Breeze,
I'm not sure but I'm about 5-11W 31" inseam at the most and could remedy the problem by growing to 6'2" or so... Haw haw if that is going to happen.... Where is that Rack, i'll give it a try.
signed....BUBBIE

Might try that Inversion Tables & Back Stretching Devices that advertised on tv. It may help. Just remember though as we age we tend to shrink.:( :rofl

My wife doesn't ride with me a lot, so I frequently take the passenger boards off. It only takes a minute, but I'm lazy. I do think the bike looks better with them off. I'm the same height as you Bubbie. The boards are not that big of a irritant. I'm running out of stuff to buy for the bike, and was considering the Street Glide pegs. I like chrome, but also like to fool myself into thinking there is a 'reason' for it other than pretty.

Hey Breeze, just went back and read that you wanted the measurement for FLHX passenger PEGS. I have boards on mine so you can disregard my measurement. No wonder it was the same as yours!

Breeze, an alternative is to use Küryakyn Mini-Wings...they still are a 1/2 sized triangle floorboard, but have HD male mounts that allow you to use conventional stock ADJUSTABLE footpeg brackets.

I use them as my mids on my Sporty right now and was considering changing the passenger pegs to second pair of Küryakyn Mini-Wings for my passenger's comfort...would also move adjustable mounting bracket back and up farther for more rider foot room...but found out Coline is happy with the pegs, so did not bother.

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Hey Breeze, just went back and read that you wanted the measurement for FLHX passenger PEGS. I have boards on mine so you can disregard my measurement. No wonder it was the same as yours!

Ok; So post #5 (thanks monsoon), shows that I will shave 1" off the length. That may be enough for me to "justify" buying Street Glide pegs.:D

New Hd74; Thanks for the 'wings' idea, I already have the HD slip streamer theme going on some of my pegs, so I'll probably stick with it.

Might try that Inversion Tables & Back Stretching Devices that advertised on tv. It may help. Just remember though as we age we tend to shrink.:( :rofl

Shrinkage on me showed up in my Girth so it is still there Just Have to Move it Back where it Belonged... Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Been there..done that. The key is to lift you feet forward when taking off. Get in that habit and you won't need to change a thing.

Another thing I do on my RG is move forward slightly in my seat when there is a need to do maneuvering in a parking lot or driveway. Helps a lot especially when there is a passenger on board. I have ran over myself with the passenger boards before and it hurts!

i started a new thread out of ignorance about this same thing, im thinking that sportster rear peg mounts will do the job, anyone else thought of this?
and to sharpscuba..i dont want to modify my body to fit my bike, thank you

im 5'11" with a 36" inseam and it makes no difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Back