free website stats program Need help from a Street Glide owner | Harley Davidson Forums

Need help from a Street Glide owner

Breeze3at

Experienced Member
My passenger footboards hit me in the calf even when I have them in the up position. Kind of annoying when I'm backing up etc. I'm thinking of putting Street Glide passenger pegs on my bike and need to know how far they stick out when folded up. Measured from the chrome cover over the swingarm pivot bolt under the peg mount, my boards stick out 5 1/2" folded. Could one of you measure your passenger pegs at this point, and let me know? Thanks. :grose

Breeze... I'm not with my beloved SG right now but if someone hasn't answered you by tomorrow, I'll get on it!:s My passenger pegs don't bother me at all, when folded up that is. Down is a different story...

Hate to tell you this but I just went out and measured and it's exactly the same - 5 1/2 inches.

Been there..done that. The key is to lift you feet forward when taking off. Get in that habit and you won't need to change a thing.

They stick out 4.5 inches. I never hit them at all when they are folded up. In fact my exhaust sticks out a little farther than the rear pegs when folded up. I do hit them when they are down, but never up.

I measured roughly 4.75"... but is there a fore/aft difference between pegs and boards? If your board mounts are centered on the board, the forward edge of the board itself should be more forward than the center of the peg which would restrict your space a little. I didn't think to check that until after I read the other post here... I'll see if I can check that out later... just a thought... might give you a little more room...

If you have not tried you can move rear floorboards down about a inch with the O.E. mounting bracket. Maybe this will help.

Breeze,

My 09 FLHR must be the same as yours.
The passenger stock boards and in the original position were really hard to get used to, UP or Down location.. Being there while up isn't as Bad,,, sill hit the calf insides like yours BUT down with the wife on back. Really like you said IN The Way.. Once caused (MY ignorance) and easy tobble over and nothing I could do about it as I ran out of leg room to hold the bike up. Once my foot was planted and the floorboard with the wife trying to keep it down, Bike rolling ahead a little, pushed on my left calf, OUCH! thought I would break a bone, no damage to the bike JUST the pride as many have spoken of before.

I have thought about lowering (there is another position Down If you look) but then they would rub and hit lower on me.. Lower position would give, About an inch for the wife , she says she is happy where they are.
I'm not sure but I'm about 5-11W 31" inseam at the most and could remedy the problem by growing to 6'2" or so... Haw haw if that is going to happen.... Where is that Rack, i'll give it a try.

signed....BUBBIE

Back