free website stats program need help exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

need help exhaust

PaPa T

Have 2" rush slipons on 09 heritage. Question is what is the procedure and how hard is it to change the baffles to 1.75. What all has to be done. Thanks for your help.

I am not familar with those slip-ons, but if you are talking about drilling out or enlarging/removing the bafflles, most of the posts I have read recommend NOT doing that. I believe that in general it can negatively impact performance and it doesn't necessarily sound how you want it to sound when you are done.

To each, his/her own, but there is a bunch of stuff on this topic in the self help section. (if I am interpreting your post correctly)

I am not wanting to punch anything out. I thought that you can buy different size baffles to insert into pipes?

I am not wanting to punch anything out. I thought that you can buy different size baffles to insert into pipes?

I think you just buy the baffles.
take the ols=d ones out put the new in..

I checked a while ago, into big city monsters, and they told me to just change them

Check the backside of the mufflers to see if there is a chrome button head bolt a few inches from the end. If not, your baffles are different than my Rush's.
I have removable end caps. Remove the 3 screws and the end cap. Now you can get to the nut/bolt holding the baffle in. SOAK both ends of the baffle with WD40, PB Blaster or other lube. Depending on the age and mileage on the mufflers, the baffles may be really hard to get out. The crossbar at the end of the baffle is the only grip you can get. Start wiggling back and forth and in and out. Be patient, I read a guy's report that he ruined his muffler shell by pounding from the other end. Rush baffles are available in several sizes from 1.5" up to 2+"

Last edited:
If he was pounding on the other end does that mean I need to remove the slipons to change baffles?

No you do not need to remove. If the mufflers have never been repacked you should not have to remove them. As Breeze3at stated there will be a allen bolt with a nut inside muffler that needs to be held with wrench. If nut is not held and broken loose first, you risk rounding out allen and you will have major difficulty removing bolt. There should be a cross bar right inside baffle that I always clamp a vise-grip to for more leverage for pulling baffle out. As others has stated the baffles are not difficult to replace.

If he was pounding on the other end does that mean I need to remove the slipons to change baffles?

You should not have to remove the slip ons. The guy I mentioned, couldn't get his baffles out, so he escalated to removing the mufflers and pounding. Like I did with my screaming eagle slip ons, but I didn't have a cross bar to hold on to. Lots of lube helps.

Back