free website stats program Need Help converting a electra classic to ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help converting a electra classic to ultra

amlegend

Anyone out there have any idea how to convert a 1990 Electra glide classic to a ultra classic. I want a four speaker system instead of onl;t two in the fairing. The new accessory book lists all types of conversions for 98 and up models. I'm just wondering if there is an easy fix. Thank you.

Anyone out there have any idea how to convert a 1990 Electra glide classic to a ultra classic. I want a four speaker system instead of onl;t two in the fairing. The new accessory book lists all types of conversions for 98 and up models. I'm just wondering if there is an easy fix. Thank you.

Your best bet would be the dealer and his parts book. It can be done but there are a lot of parts that have to be added/changed/ordered that he would need part numbers for to order. It wouldn't be a cheap conversion either.

While we're at it. I've also got a 90 Electra, but it's a sport (FLHS). My question is.. is there any way to put a tour pack on it or anything? Don't get me wrong, I think she's a beauty, but I'd like to dress her up a bit more. If there's anyone with suggestions. I'm open to them too.

Can PM me the info if you'd prefer, so as to no swipe the thread from AMLegend.

Dark

This is possible as a buddy has a 90 FLT that did have a tour pack on it before he bought it said the previous owner. Have no specifics but this wouldn't be a very hard addition to do. I would suggest to get your bike side by side with a newer model and compare the config of the rear of the bike. I know for sure that the rear fender struts are the same on old/new FL's so you shouldn't have much trouble other than locating the parts. Maybe try ebay once you find out what it is that you need or even a salvage yard.

http://www.moto-directory.com/salvage.asp

I know it must be possible im just surprised theres no kit to do the conversion, listed in the parts manuals they only list 98 and up models.

Back