free website stats program Need HELP choosing new lifters & pushrods | Harley Davidson Forums

Need HELP choosing new lifters & pushrods

dlfidler

Good Morning Guys I'm installing Andrews 48H cams in the spring in my 08 Ultra Classic, I'm confused on choosing lifters. I'm leaning towards adjustable SE pushrods. I know the SE adjustables had a nut problem but understand that has been resolved. Need HELP with expereince on lifters. Thanks

I like your cam choice. I've never read anything bad about Gaterman lifters. I'm using Jims in one of my bikes, but they are overpriced.
I've also had no problems with Andrews push rods.

I am using Rivera Primo Taper-Lite Adjustable Pushrods and Crane lifters p/n 10530-2.

Not to hi-jack......but aren't those Small Block Chevy lifters? Heard they can be used in Twinkies but the oil metering was questionable. Not looking to start a debate.......just wondering:D

Not to hi-jack......but aren't those Small Block Chevy lifters? Heard they can be used in Twinkies but the oil metering was questionable. Not looking to start a debate.......just wondering:D

Yes, Chevy lifters will work. I've read that travel limiters should be put in them, but I don't know the details.

Chevy lifters will cut your oil volume by 25 to30%. The hole in the cup is. 060 to. 070. Hd litters are. 090. I ordered some from crane in Memphis supposedly to fit a harley's. I had the guy caliper the holes while on the phone. He said they were about 80 thousands. I ordered them and they are 1/16. They are in a box never to be used. Yeah they were inexpensive and useless to me.

Over 25k and no problems. No rises in oil pressure. She runs quite and I don't baby her. Of course what works for one may not be acceptable to another.

I have SE adjustable lifters in my bike. I have about 1,000 miles on them and so far not a problem. Installed when I went with SE255 cams.

Back