free website stats program Need Handlebar Advice on 09 Street Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Handlebar Advice on 09 Street Glide?

gmurdock

I have a 09 Street Glide. Love the bike but I would like to have the handlebars up 2" & back 2" if possible. I had pull back risers on my last 2 bikes but cannot do that with this one.
1. What type of handlebars would give me that with the same style?
2. Would I have to change the Brake, Clutch & FBW wires if I do this?
3. If I have to change anything by how much & who would be the best to get the things I need from? Thanks for any help.

Other than the heritage bars i think you need a new clutch and brake lines and if you have abs guess what ya have to pay moco to bleed the abs

FBW wires you can get after market extensions

Hang on here, I missed the 09 on the bike here. The heritage bars are out because of the drive by wire.

Hang on here, I missed the 09 on the bike here. The heritage bars are out because of the drive by wire.

Unless the bars change from 08 you can get Heritage bars for FBW i put them on mine and i have FBW

you could use the heritage bars even with the FBW just have em notched I know a lot of folks that had it done so they could replace the bars on the 08 touring before ones made for it came out.

You would have to change cables, extend wires, etc. but, look at Wild Ones they make a popular bagger bar (but it's 34" wide) and Flanders who make a 2" taller bar with 2" more pullback that's 31" (stock width) wide.

I have had Flanders bars on several bikes and always been happy.

Back