free website stats program Need feedback for Quick Release Shields | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need feedback for Quick Release Shields

I got one from Memphis Shades that is tinted, It is absolutly great and for less $$$. I think it looks better than the HD sheilds but thats just my opinion.

I have a Memphis Shades on my Street Bob as well. Good product. Looks nice. On and off easily.
IMG_4295.jpg

My buffeting problem is considerable, likely because I have long legs and forward controls.

I have a Memphis Shades on my Street Bob as well. Good product. Looks nice. On and off easily.
IMG_4295.jpg

My buffeting problem is considerable, likely because I have long legs and forward controls.
You will have buffeting from any sheild regardless of brand, mine doesnt seem to that bad on my 06 SG.

I have one on my Heritage. I love it. It is rock solid, easy to put on or take off, I want it on and my son wants it off, and I get no buffeting from the wind.

I have a HD Quick-Release windshield on my FXD and love it. Easy on and off for cleaning, about 2" adjustible in height, and minimal buffeting.

RE: buffeting, I had a National windshield on my Honda 1100 Shadow and a Memphis Shades on my Honda VTX, both allowed more buffeting than the HD shield does on my Dyna. The fit and design are top-notch, and I'd highly recommend going with the Harley product.

Good luck.

We went with the touring quick release shield for my wife's '09 Custom, it is a quality accessory though pricey, so far good protection.

Being 5'4" she looks through the shield, as with her last bike, a Victory, the optics are not distorted so she has no problem with looking through rather than over. We went with the touring shield more because it is wider and helps protect the hands than the other offerings.

I was never one that believed in windshields before I bought the Heritage. It came with the silver flames HD windshield and I love it. It takes about 5 seconds to take on and off and I now actually prefer riding with the shield. It saves me from a lot of road debris and cuts the wind by a large margin. My vote, as Glider said, is the HD shields but thats all I have to base my opinion on.

Back