free website stats program Need expert opinion | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need expert opinion

looks like the spacers are the wrong way round on the wheel, from the pic also looks like the pully is to far from the wheel, so i may be dished wrong from the factory, its not the tins or the frame its the wheel/spacers

i should think it would be a bit hard to muck up the wheel spacers since 1 is about 2 inches and the other side is about half inch thick, even primary bearing sides mucked up wouldnt be that far, loosen the fender bolts and pull it over then tighten them, it will be sweet, seen it plenty of times.

having seen my dealer do it, it aint that difficult to space incorrectly, they even took me out the back and said we cant fit your new 6pot caliper because it fouls the spokes, 2mins later after pointing out the glaringly obvious it all fitted perfectly, that tech no longer works there, looks like hes moved on to HD proper :D
I think Hobbit's right on, Not sure but I would think, I'd be very hard to mount the caliper if the spacers are on the bike wrong. I've mixed em up on the front wheel and the calipers just don't fit when ya do that.

Well the dealer came yesterday and picked up the bike. they said they were going to take pics and send it to the MOCO and let them advise what needs to be done. My gut feeling is that it is the fender strut. You can grab the signal light and pull up on it and it looks normal. The bike rides fine no noises or anything like that.

think we had a member from china who just loosened up the fender struts,
and all the little play you have when setting the back end up just
set the rear end not straight.. might be as simple as that.

Back