free website stats program Need Clutch Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Clutch Help

Tri L

Well it's finally happened arthritis in both hands. I can handle the brake side with no problem, but it's the clutch side that's becoming painful.

Here's what I have: 2012 FLHTK and a 2011 FLSTC - The alleged HD east clutch that is OEM isn't that easy. Any and all ideas welcome - please! Any experience with things like Muller Power Clutch, Endurpilot EFM Auto, or any success with anything. Really need help

Well it's finally happened arthritis in both hands. I can handle the brake side with no problem, but it's the clutch side that's becoming painful.

Here's what I have: 2012 FLHTK and a 2011 FLSTC - The alleged HD east clutch that is OEM isn't that easy. Any and all ideas welcome - please! Any experience with things like Muller Power Clutch, Endurpilot EFM Auto, or any success with anything. Really need help

The AIM VPC will make a huge difference; a bit pricey but it reduces lever pull by about 25%. Install the lighter pull ramp along with the VPC and you are looking at a two finger pull.

Of course, make sure your cable is in good shape with no kinks or tight bends. I don't know if the later model OEM cables are teflon lined but if not, changing to a teflon lined cable will also help.

The hardware like the Muller Power Clutch is also a viable option but sometimes the cable end will make contact with the cable housing when the lever is pulled and requires some Dremel work on the housing for the necessary clearance.

i installed a silicon lined barnet clutch cable and i can tell a difference cost me $90 not a huge difference but it deff helped some

Hey Ti-L a little off topic her but for your arthritis have ever tried SierraSil Joint Formula 14, I use it and can believe the difference and how fast it worked, I don't sell it just use it.

Back