free website stats program need better speakers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

need better speakers

Did you get four of these? I mean two for the passenger also?

Yep. Put them in when the OEMs cratered.

I bought the J&M replacements first, but when I saw what they were, I was stunned. No better than the $10 5 1/4" singles I could buy at Wal-mart. So I sent them back and upgraded to the Pioneers. Haven't looked back. They are great. AND, if I blow them up at some point so what. $40/pair, and I have them replaced!!

TQ

+ 1 on the Pioneers 5 1/4 from Walmart ! $ 38.00 dollors... I know they say ,you can't put good car speakers on your bike ...but they sound GREAT and they are cheap.. and have had mine for over 2 years with no problems at all and if I had a new bike I would put the pioneers on it ...JMHO...:D

Yep. Put them in when the OEMs cratered.

I bought the J&M replacements first, but when I saw what they were, I was stunned. No better than the $10 5 1/4" singles I could buy at Wal-mart. So I sent them back and upgraded to the Pioneers. Haven't looked back. They are great. AND, if I blow them up at some point so what. $40/pair, and I have them replaced!!

TQ
Good point. That is something I'll have to consider when the time comes to upgrade my speakers.

The stock speakers didn't look very weather proof to me, they looked more like something that come in a cheap clock radio...The pioneers looked to be made out of polyprop.... what ever hard shiney plastic.. alot more weather proof looking to me..............

i changed whole system went with jvc kd-r900 head unit with arc audio amp 125.5 and hertz 6.5 speakers at 75 mph radio is on 20 setting and you have no problem hearing it for sure!!cost was around 900.00 total!! check this website myhawgrocks.com he is the guy i bought everything thru great customer service he will explain anything you have a question about!

Just switched from Hogtoons to Kickers and love them:bigsmiley12:, and yes I have Hogtoons amp and HD tweeters and now I can fully enjoy my toons at speed!

I know this is an old thread. But JL Audio makes waterproof speakers and class D amps that work extremely well on a bike. And should sound far better than some of the stuff that passes for "motorcycle audio".

Shakey

Back