free website stats program Need Battery Charger/tender. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Battery Charger/tender.

Get the one from Harbor Freight. ~$5 on sale. They seem to go on sale every other week. I have one for the Vette and one for the RK. If you want to use the hanging plug that goes to the battery, you will need to buy the opposite plug try Radio Shack or an automotive store. Cut the alligators off (be sure to mark the positive wire which will be the red alligator clip) and solder and heat shrink the new plug on to the wires. The un-insulated connection on the charger will be the positive lead.

Remember this is only for keeping the fully charged battery charged and ready to go. It will not charge a dead or nearly dead battery.

Trust me, these things are completely fool proof and will not harm your battery. If you are a (careful) tightwad like me, this is $ well (not) spent.

Get the one from Harbor Freight. ~$5 on sale. They seem to go on sale every other week. I have one for the Vette and one for the RK. If you want to use the hanging plug that goes to the battery, you will need to buy the opposite plug try Radio Shack or an automotive store. Cut the alligators off (be sure to mark the positive wire which will be the red alligator clip) and solder and heat shrink the new plug on to the wires. The un-insulated connection on the charger will be the positive lead.

Remember this is only for keeping the fully charged battery charged and ready to go. It will not charge a dead or nearly dead battery.

Trust me, these things are completely fool proof and will not harm your battery. If you are a (careful) tightwad like me, this is $ well (not) spent.

This transplanted Yank does not have access to Harbour Freight, Walmart, etc. However, we do have Aldi, and Lidil, and if I lived in the UK Asda (which is owned by Walmart). After I the issues I have had with many bargin basement tools and electronics failing me when I needed them most. I now live by the value you get what you pay for and buyer beware. Found the Optimate 4 for 55euros so I ended up buying the last one.

Back