free website stats program Need assistance in Billings Mt | Harley Davidson Forums

Need assistance in Billings Mt

hall1836

Will be trailering from NY in late June(unless gas continues to kill me), to Billings Mt. Anyone have any suggestions for securing a pickup and 5x8 trailer while I ride around the area including Yellowstone. Can anyone suggest a storage area or something similiar fairly close to Beartooth Harley Davidson in Billings? Thanks for your help.

I would just call Beartooth Harley and ask them. Maybe they have space to offer you in one of their buildings. They are nice folks. Except they wouldn't offer me a deal on a bike last summer. I hope you have plenty of batteries for your camera and maybe an extra media card. You are in for an unreal experience.

My brother took a trip South a few years back and could not find a dealer or anyone else that would let him park his rig while he continued the trip on his bike. He got the idea to go to the airport in Kansas City. He parked his outfit in the long term parking lot, after getting a parking stub, unloaded his bike and used the parking ticket to leave. Cost him 50 cents. He explained to the ticket taker what he was doing and she had no problem with it. A week later, he came back, got a parking stub, drove into the lot, loaded the bike & paid his 50 cents to leave for home. His rig sat safely, under security cameras, all the while he was gone. I laughed my (EDIT) off when he told me what he had done. $1.00 to park his rig in a secure lot for a week, pretty good deal I must say. Billings airport sounds like a good place to park your rig to me.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
You are going to experience culture shock! Montana is a different country all together!!! You might just want to stay. For peace of mind use Billing AP long term parking. Then go enjoy. The park is cool and a must see, but the whole west Montana area is fun-ominal! If I were you, day one on the bike head down to Red Lodge, then over Bear Tooth to Cook City. Then into the park from there the next day. You can spend a full day riding in the park on the figure eight. You'll have a ball and never want to leave. Enjoy!

Thanks to those who have responded. Been out that way before(that's why I'm back), used to ride out on the bike, now older and... I'm meeting up with a couple of people who are renting bikes from Beartooth/Eagle, and will give them a call to see if they will let me leave the truck for time of the 4 day rental by the others. Airport idea also sounds doable, any idea (other than the dollar deal) what the daily rates are and how far is the airport from the dealership? After the others leave, thinking of hitting Glacier(which I've done before) and may be Branf. Thanks, again.

You are going to experience culture shock! Montana is a different country all together!!! You might just want to stay. For peace of mind use Billing AP long term parking. Then go enjoy. The park is cool and a must see, but the whole west Montana area is fun-ominal! If I were you, day one on the bike head down to Red Lodge, then over Bear Tooth to Cook City. Then into the park from there the next day. You can spend a full day riding in the park on the figure eight. You'll have a ball and never want to leave. Enjoy!

+1
I've done the bear tooth, left to right one day then right to left the next. Used Super 8 in Cody WY as jump off point for a week. Nothing but pure enjoyment, hope to get back some day!

We are missing Beartooth this year, on the way back from Rapid we're jumping off at Sheridan, running over to Cody and through the park there and down through Teton to Idaho Falls. Then home through John Day. Also living in style this year by doing Glacier on the 4th and staying at that poch resort in St Mary. Looking forward to a big fat prime rib that night with cocktails and a sunset over Glacier for our fireworks show!

Glacier National Park is certainly one of the greatest places to ride to and visit in the country. Raw beauty in the mountains. I live 3 hours north of Glacier in Canada and usually ride through there three or four times a year en route to destinations in Montana, Idaho and the Pacific Northwest.

Best advice for anyone planning to visit Glacier National Park is to pack rain gear as the weather can sometimes be unpredictable at those elevations, even in the middle of summer.

Back